This is a DVD series by W. Robert Godfrey.
As the Roman Empire gradually crumbled in the 5th century AD, the people of the Mediterranean world turned to the church for leadership and direction in a new era of uncertainty. The next thousand years would prove to be a complex experiment in Christian civilization, one in which the church played a pivotal role in the development of Western government, thought, and culture.
The Part 2 series has 13 lectures (about 23 min. each):
1. Introduction to the Middle Ages
2. Justinian and Gregory
3. Gregory, Missions, and Islam
4. Paths to God: Theologies
5. Power and Dissent
6. The Crusades
7. Innocent III
8. Monastacism & Scholasticism
10. Popes and Councils
11. Great Scholastics
12. Mysticism and the Renaissance
13. Forerunners of the Reformation